When you have invested a huge amount of time and money into creating and owning your own home, the last thing you want is something unexpected to shake the foundations. It’s therefore vital that you insure to protect yourself, your loved ones and your home.

Protecting you and your loved ones

How would your dependents cope financially if you weren’t there to provide for them? How would your lifestyle suffer if you became ill and couldn’t work or provide an income? We can provide you with some key cover to ensure your peace of mind.

Income Protection

This provides a regular tax-free income to you if you are unable to work due to accident or sickness. Once the benefits have started, they will continue until the policy expires, or when you return to work, or die. Usually, the policy will have a fixed term until retirement age.

Critical Illness Cover

Critical illness cover pays out a tax-free lump sum to you if, during the term of the policy, you are diagnosed with one of a number of specified ‘critical’ illnesses or conditions. This lump sum can help pay off your mortgage, debts, or pay for medical assistance.

Life Insurance

Life insurance policies pay out either a lump sum or a series of payments when you die during the life, or ‘term’ of a policy, usually to your dependants. In most instances, the pay-out is tax-free and can be used to pay off your mortgage or provide an income for your dependants.

Protecting your home

Buildings insurance covers damage to the actual structure of your home, such as the roof, walls, floors, ceilings and foundations. For example, if your house is destroyed or rendered uninhabitable, you can claim the cost to rebuild or carry out the necessary repairs.

Normally, you will also be able to claim the cost of alternative accommodation while the rebuilding work is undertaken, as well as any legal costs arising from damage to your home. Buildings insurance may also include outbuildings such as sheds or garages.

When you get a mortgage it’s not uncommon that your lender insists you have buildings insurance. Even if the lender doesn’t demand it, we advise that you have buildings insurance anyway to protect yourself.

Protecting your contents

Contents insurance is designed to protect your belongings. As a general rule, your contents are the things that could be taken with you if you decided to move house.

Think to yourself: “If I had to replace everything in my house after a fire, or a theft, how much would it cost me?” Chances are that the figure is in the tens of thousands. This is where contents insurance comes in. A contents policy protects your possessions against theft, damage from fire or flooding.

The majority of people are either not insured properly or are significantly under-insured. So whether you are new to the housing market, moving home or remortgaging it will be worthwhile talking to us so we can make sure you have the best cover available.

The Source: all your insurance needs in one place

Our price comparison site, The Source, allows us to provide fully tailored insurance for our clients.

The Source goes so much further than the usual price comparison sites you find online. It is 100% independent with no ties to certain insurers, and it covers a lot more features to ensure specialist needs are covered.

Get in touch to discuss your insurance requirements. Give us a call on 01527 962787 or email

Discover the latest news from ReSource